Monday, April 13, 2009

I Always Make Too Much Pasta!!

You know how it is... you are fixing spaghetti - or any other kind of pasta - for your family or friends and you throw some pasta in the boiling water. Then you stand there and stare... and you think..."No way. No way that is enough for everyone." So you throw in about double the pasta and off you go. Then, after 8-10 minutes of a good boil, you remove from heat, drain, look at the strainer and say, "Geez- I've got enough pasta for an army!" You would think that after a time or two you would figure it out. But no!! At least, not me. I still make too much pasta every time.

I find, and have always found, that preparing for Sunday School is much the same. I work to prepare a lesson - get to the "end" of my preparation - and think, "No way- no way this is enough to make a good class session." And invariably, I have way too much. Thus the blog, "Too Much Pasta" is born.

Most of you have been receiving the weekly emails we send which have always included a summary of where we have been and where we are going in our studies. I thought it might be fun to try something new. Each week, at least once a week, I will post an entry on the blog with summaries, previews, and other thoughts about our studies and topics. We will also include the prayer requests, event information, and breakfast line-up. The beauty of a blog is the ability to comment and share. One of the most valuable things about living together as Christians is the way we can "spur each other on..." As we launch this endeavor, I welcome comments and discussion of all kinds- questions, opinions, supplemental thoughts, words of encouragement for one another... I see rather vast potential.

I tell you again that I am honored to be the teacher of this class. It is a privilege for me to have the opportunity to explore the scriptures with such a sharp group of people. I am always open to your comments and suggestions and I want nothing more than for God to be glorified by what we do in and outside of our class.

"Just keep swimming..."

Jon

3 comments:

  1. I think it is great! I love the intro and the name of the blog - this will be a great thing for the class! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Jon. I'll be reading along with great interest from Georgia.

    ReplyDelete